The Colts announced their first unofficial depth chart of the season today. So we are going to dive in and provide analysis. Here is a position-by-position look.
QB – Carson Wentz, Jacob Eason
RB – Jonathan Taylor, Nyheim Hines, Marlon Mack, Jordan Wilkins
WR – Parris Campbell , Mike Strachan
TE – Jack Doyle
LT – Eric Fisher, Julien Davenport
LG – Quenton Nelson, Chris Reed
C – Ryan Kelly, Danny Pinter
RG – Mark Glowinski, Will Fries
RT – Braden Smith, Matt Pryor
TE – Mo Alie-Cox, Kylen Granson
WR – Zach Pascal
WR – Michael PIttman Jr., Ashton Dulin
- Left tackle Eric Fisher was activated from the Reserve/COVID-19 list earlier but his availability for Week 1 is still up in the air and we will find out if he can start against the Seahawks later in the week. If Fisher doesn’t play then Julién Davenport will start at LT. Davenport had a strong end to training camp and has looked capable of filling in at left tackle.
- Wide Receiver TY Hilton is on injured reserve with a neck injury after having surgery recently, therefore Parris Campbell will get the start in his place.
- The order of running backs has been decided with Jonathan Taylor as the starter, Nyheim Hines as first back up, Marlon Mack third on the depth chart and then Jordan Wilkins. It will be interesting to see moving forward just how the coaches split the reps between the four running backs.
DE – Kwity Paye, Kemoko Turay, Ben Banogu
NT – Grover Stewart, Taylor Stallworth
UT – DeForest Buckner, Chris Williams
DE – Al-Quadin Muhammed, Tyquan Lewis, Isaac Rochell
WLB – Darius Leonard, EJ Speed, Jordan Glasgow
MLB – Bobby Okereke,
SLB – Zaire Franklin, Matthew Adams
CB – Rock Ya-Sin, Isaiah Rodgers, Chris Wilcox
FS – Julian Blackmon, T.J Carrie
SS – Khari Willis, George Odum
NCB – Kenny Moore II, T.J. Carrie
CB – Xavier Rhodes, BoPete Keyes
- Kwity Paye is an official starter for the defense at defensive end. Al-Quadin Muhammad gets the start at the opposite defenisve end spot due to his strong run stopping ability but except to see a heavy rotation at defensive end with Kemoko Turay, Ben Banogu and Isaac Rochell involved heavily.
- Rock Ya-Sin gets the start as the team’s 3rd cornerback spot. Xavier Rhodes and Kenny Moore are the starters but during nickel defense Moore will slide into the slot and Ya-Sin will main the boundary opposite to Rhodes.
- TJ Carrie is the teams backup nickel corner and free safety showing off his versatility.
P – Rigoberto Sanchez
LS – Luke Rhodes
KR – Isaiah Rodgers, Ashton Dulin
PR – Nyheim Hines, Isaiah Rodgers
- No changes from last year at punter, kicker or long snapper with Rigoberto Sanchez, Rodrigo Blankenship and Luke Rhodes remain.
- It is the same again at returner with Isaiah Rodgers handling kick offs and Nyheim Hines handling punt returns.