The Indianapolis Colts have announced an official decision on Carson Wentz’s injury status.
Monday morning, Colts head coach Frank Reich announced that Wentz will undergo surgery on his injured foot. He is expected to be out for at least a month, though his recovery could take much longer than that.
Wentz, 28, has reportedly been dealing with foot problems back to his high school days.
“Frank Reich says Carson Wentz had an old foot injury dating back to perhaps high school according to doctors. Over time, the broken bone came loose and caused pain. The decision has been made to undergo surgery and remove it. 5-12 weeks,” Colts reporter Stephen Holder tweeted.
Breaking: Frank Reich says Carson Wentz had an old foot injury dating back to perhaps high school according to doctors. Over time, the broken bone came loose and caused pain. The decision has been made to undergo surgery and remove it. 5-12 weeks.
— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) August 2, 2021
Wentz, who was traded from Philadelphia to Indianapolis this offseason, reportedly experienced some pain in his foot at practice while planting before a throw.
On Sunday, it was reported that Wentz was planning on resting the injury, rather than undergoing surgery. It’s unclear what has changed since then.
#Colts QB Carson Wentz plans to try to rest and rehab his foot injury over the next few days, source said, rather than have immediate surgery. If all goes well, Week 1 is in play. If it doesn’t improve, the answer may be surgery.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 1, 2021
Wentz could miss up to 12 weeks with the surgery, though the Colts are hoping the recovery time will be much shorter than that.
Indianapolis opens the season on Sunday, Sept. 12 against the Seattle Seahawks.
The post Breaking: Colts Announce Major Carson Wentz Injury News appeared first on The Spun.
Leave a Reply