It is never too early to start thinking.
Purdue Spring Practices are right around the corner and it is never too early to start thinking about the 2 deep.
Today, I am going to focus on the offensive side of the ball – I will add some additional thoughts on at the end.
- Aidan O’Connell – Senior
- Jack Plummer – Junior
- Zander Horvath – Senior
- King Doerue – Junior
- Milton Wright – Junior
- Maliq Carr – Redshirt Freshman
- Jackson Anthrop – Grad (6th year)
- T.J. Sheffield – Sophomore
- David Bell – Junior
- Collin Sullivan – Redshirt Freshman
- Payne Durham – Junior
- Garrett Miller – Sophomore
- Cam Craig – Sophomore
- Eric Miller – Junior
- Tyler Witt – Grad Transfer
- Kyle Jornigan – Sophomore
- Gust Hartwig – Sophomore
- Sam Garvin – Senior
- D.J. Washington – Senior
- Spencer Holstege – Sophomore
- Greg Long – Grad Transfer
- Will Bramel – Junior
- Quarterback is a toss up I really think it should be an open competition with the four returning guys, O’Connell and Plummer seem like the front runners. But I would love to see Mike Alaimo stake his claim.
- Zander Horvath is back for his senior year. I have the bruiser inked in as the starter with Doerue as the change of pace back.
- We are not short of weapons at wide receiver at all. The slot starting spot will be a battle between Anthrop and Sheffield. Early on, I can see Anthrop starting with being the older of the two.
- Offensive line is a puzzle. Two pieces I am confident in is Greg Long at Right Tackle and Gus Hartwig at Center. Gus will be a NFL offensive lineman when he leaves Purdue. You would think Tyler Witt starts as well with being a grad transfer. Left Tackle is up in the air, but Cam Craig should be able to handle the duties.