Keep the Cannon!
- 1 Quarterback or 2 Quarterbacks? – Late in the Notre Dame contest, Coach Brohm turned the keys over to AOC. He has said all year he is not afraid to use two quarterbacks. Though, Plummer has played well through 3 games this season, he was trying to spark the offense. He has said all week that Jack is still the starting quarterback.
- Punting – It is bad, again. Jack Ansell was supposed to be the answer. He looked okay in game 1, but has been bad since. Can it get fixed? Please?
- What IF David Bell is Ruled Out? – Bell is still in concussion protocol. If he is out, I would expect Broc Thompson to start in his place. Broc has played very well. The transfer and Indianapolis native has been very good for our Boilermakers through 3 games.
- Continued Defensive Aggressiveness – I am loving the defense playing balls to the wall. They are blitizing, flying around and apparently having a lot of fun doing it. The new defensive coaches have that side of the ball playing hard, at least. The co, co co, cordinators has worked early on.
- Run Game, as always – I am always interested in seeing how we use the run game week to week. Since Brohm has arrived at Purdue, we have thrown the ball 2nd most in the nation, only second to Washington State. The run game just needs to be good enough to keep people honest. Zander is still out, but Doerue and Downing have been solid.