Casey and I discuss the upcoming game against Illinois and put our predictions out there.
Friday morning means it’s time for the Hammer and Rails podcast to be released! Today Casey and I talk about tomorrow’s game against Illinois and what to expect. No other real issues on this one so no need for the timestamps I’ve been trying to provide for the busy listener on the go. We do get sidetracked a bit of course because this is a podcast and we like to have a little bit of fun.
- Do you remember when Eric Crouch was on the cover of NCAA Football? I sure don’t, but Casey seems to remember it fondly.
- Recruiting rankings show that Purdue and Illinois had the bottom two classes in the conference last year. Will that show up on the field tomorrow?
- What do we know about the Illinois offense? Are they worse than UConn?
- What do we know about the Ilinois defense? Are THEY worse than UConn?
- Illinois is playing another QB that has bad numbers. How does Purdue keep finding themselves in this position?
Without David Bell (we assume) and Mershawn Rice being out for this game does the Purdue offense have the firepower to take down Illinois? Illinois also has a very bad offensive line, without their starting center, and that should allow the Purdue defensive line, Purdue’s strength, to feast.
Take a listen on all of your favorite podcast app. Make sure to rate, review, Hammer that subscribe, and let us know your thoughts in the comments.