A totally chill day
I really thought this was going to be a quiet and chill week with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish having this Saturday off. I thought I could step away a bit — and then recruiting decides to blow up (in the best of ways). Recruiting activity has a way to bring the past and the future together to put the present in order to understand the scope of the situation.
That situation, if you need a painted picture, is pretty good for the Irish right now. Undefeated and ranked #2 in the country, Notre Dame will find out just how much respect the college football playoff committee has for them and their resume with the first playoff rankings coming up on Tuesday.
And so, we get to spend the weekend watching college football — and of course — eating delicious cheeseburgers. Let’s have some fun today, and like our fearless quarterback Ian Book, SLIDE headfirst for everything.
A lot of people have noticed Ian does not like to slide, so I went back to the last three games and looked at how many extra yards Ian has gained by diving forward instead of sliding (since the ball is spotted at the beginning of the slide). I’ve got it at roughly 41 yards. pic.twitter.com/s71bi2bnFx
— Greg Flammang (@greg2126) November 19, 2020
WHAT TO WATCH
Here are some of the more interesting games to watch on Saturday:
- #9 Indiana Hoosiers @ #3 Ohio State Buckeyes 12:00 FOX
- #4 Clemson Tigers @ Florida State Seminoles 12:00 ABC
- #7 Cincinnati Bearcats @ UCF Knights 3:30 ESPN
- #10 Wisconsin Badgers @ Northwestern Wildcats 3:30 ABC
- Kentucky Wildcats @ #1 Alabama Crimson Tide 4:00 SEC Network
- #14 Oklahoma State Cowboys @ #18 Oklahoma Sooners 7:30 ABC
- Michigan Wolverines @ Rutgers Scarlet Knights 7:30 BTN
- #20 USC Trojans @ Utah Utes 10:30 ESPN
The game thread is open below. I know many of us are on Twitter for most of the day, but I encourage you to vent and do other things that require more than 280 characters here.